Gathered Here – June 2024
Tuesday, June 11, 2024 – 5:00 p.m. PT | 6:00 p.m. MT | 7:00 p.m. CT | 8:00 p.m. ET | 9:00 p.m. AT | 9:30 p.m. NT
Gathered Here is a monthly online check-in for Canadian Unitarian Universalist young adults.
Join other UU 18 to 35 year-olds on Zoom for sharing of joys and sorrows, deeper check-ins, prayerful reflections, and an opportunity to process the events of our lives with a spiritually grounded community. Each month we are joined by a member of the Young Adult Pastoral Care Team.
These monthly gatherings have become highly valued touchstones in the lives of many young adults. While so much in our lives is unknown and unknowable, we can find comfort in familiar rituals and faces. By sharing our joys, our concerns, our sorrows and our gratitudes, we know ourselves to be held in a loving community. Exploring themes and spiritual practices helps us each remember our own creativity and resilience. We are all in this together, a part of a larger story.
These are drop-in gatherings, so you don’t need to sign up in advance and there is no fee.
This year, we are adding in fifteen minutes of casual social time after each call. Those who would like to stay and chat may do so. The structured part of the gathering will remain an hour and fifteen minutes long.
Here is the schedule for the 2023-24 programming year:
- September: Tuesday 19, 8:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHTues23-24
- October: Friday 13, 2:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHFri23-24
- November: Tuesday 14, 8:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHTues23-24
- December: Friday 8, 2:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHFri23-24
- January: Tuesday 16, 8:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHTues23-24
- February: Friday 9, 2:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHFri23-24
- March: Tuesday 12, 8:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHTues23-24
- April: Friday 12, 2:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHFri23-24
- May: Break for CUC National Conferences (Chorus)
- June: Tuesday 11, 8:00 pm ET – https://bit.ly/GHTues23-24
- July/August: Break for summer
The PDF Outline for the upcoming call will be uploaded in this folder a week before each event.
How do you want to be reminded about Gathered Here? Choose the options that work for you!
- Google Calendar: Add the CUC YA Events Google Calendar to your Calendar.
- Email (seasonally): Make sure you’re on the firstname.lastname@example.org email list. Email email@example.com to request to join.
- Facebook (week before and day of): RSVP to the Facebook event for the most recent themes and outlines of upcoming calls. Posts are also shared in the Canadian Unitarian Universalist Young Adults group and other local YA groups.
- Instagram (week before and day of): Follow @yayasofcanada to see upcoming themes and access the Zoom links through the Linktree in the page’s bio.
- Text reminders (day of): Sign up by texting @cucya to (502) 694-1142, or accept this invitation.
Questions can be directed to Casey Stainsby at firstname.lastname@example.org.