Legal Issues and Reporting
The information here is intended to provide Canadian Unitarian Universalist congregations with information about Canada Revenue Agency and Income Tax Act guidelines governing Canadian charities, and about charitable governance. They should not be construed as legal advice. For additional details or for information about seeking legal advice, please contact the CUC’s executive director.
Take a look at Serving on a UU Board, a video outlining the legal responsibilities of board members. Credit: Jen Rashleigh, Geoff Gomery, and the Unitarian Church of Vancouver.
Check the CUC’s event calendar for webinars and roundtable on these and other matters related to church governance.
- Reporting requirements
- Reviewing and updating your congregation’s charitable purposes
- If the Canada Revenue Agency comes calling, will you be ready?
- Charities and political activity
- Tracking political activity
- UU congregations, rental policies, and rites of passage
- The Canada Copyright Act and broadcasting