The recommended salary ranges are based on wage rates (not the cost-of-living) in communities across Canada. Communities where (or near) our congregations are located have been assigned one of five Geographic (Geo) Indices based on wages paid in that community. Based on research done by the UUA, the salary ranges are appropriate and equitable for the Canadian context, and the salary figures should be read as the equivalent of the Canadian dollar.
- Job descriptions for Salary Recommendations
- Geo Index Table (Word): can help you find the geographically based index for your community. The Index reflects variations in wages actually paid by geographical area.
- Once you have identified the Geo Index for your community you may use the following Salary Recommendations to set compensation for your congregation’s staff. If you are not yet able to compensate staff according to these recommendations they will help you set compensation goals. 2016-2017 Salary Recommendations follow.
- More information may be found here on the UUA website under Salary Recommendations for Congregational Staff.
- The UUA supports and trains compensation consultants, including Canadian consultants. These consultants support congregations in understanding compensation guidelines and help them to develop compensation packages which reflect our values. The Canadian Compensation consultants are Barry Coburn and Nicoline Guerrier, and you can reach them at email@example.com. Find more information on compensation consultants.