Unitarian Universalist congregations are located across Canada. Find a congregation close to you!
Energize your congregation, explore resources for programs and projects, tackle sensitive issues within your community, and expand your Unitarian Universalist vision! The CUC can support you in all of these, and members of the Congregational Life staff are here to help. We connect leaders across congregations (often through (webinars and roundtables), provide resources and logistical support, and offer guidance.
- We promote congregational vitality.
- We help leaders manage congregational priorities.
- We offer congregations training, coaching, and consultation.
- We connect people across congregations, helping to build our national UU community.
Tell us your stories of effort and success!
Congregational Life Team
Learn more about the congregational life team.
Linda Thomson – Congregational Development Lead – BC/Western, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Carolyn – Congregational Development Lead – BC/Western, email@example.com
Asha Pilar – Youth and Young Adult Ministry Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
We all want our congregations to be vibrant and healthy communities where we find and make meaning. In our life-affirming, creedless congregations, we recognize that wisdom and insight don’t belong only to certain individuals or to a particular generation. We know that, at our best, we encourage all of our members to learn and grow. We also know that human community is challenging as well as rewarding.
The CUC’s Congregational Life team has seen the struggles that can arise in community life. We know how tough it is to navigate the gap between our dreams of community and the sometimes-difficult reality. We also know that it is possible to engage productively with the challenges and to work toward our dream of beloved community. Some of the ways we support congregations are:
- Creating Covenant
- When Conflict Arises and the Conflict Resolution process
- Creative Organization – Blend of Committee and Task Forces
- Healthy Volunteer Engagement
- Engaging people to do ministry
- Recruitment, Training, Screening & Support
Explore the Congregational Wellness section for more information and resources.