Annual General Meeting Information
The AGM is scheduled for Saturday, May 11 and will run from 1:00 – 4:30 pm ET (to be confirmed) at the Atrium at Centre for Social Innovation, 192 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON, M5T 2C2. Online participants are requested to sign on thirty minutes ahead of time to check sound and video systems.
AGM Plenary, Thursday, May 10, 7:00 – 9:00 pm ET
Join the CUC Board for an informal dialogue amongst congregational delegates, leaders, board members, and CUC staff to discuss issues of concern in support of the CUC’s vision, goals, and strategic priorities.
Participate in one of two ways:
– Online: join in via Zoom web meeting platform at https://zoom.us/j/902732895 or call toll-free 1-855-703-8985, meeting ID 902 732 895;
– In person at the meeting
Delegate Selection, Registration, and Participation
Online delegates (those not attending in person) who have registered by April 1 will be sent instructions and links for the AGM ahead of time. On-line delegates who have not registered by April 1 will not be able to participate.
On-site delegates who have been registered by your congregations through the online delegate registration form are approved to vote and do not need to bring any certification from their congregations to vote.
If you have new delegates, presidents or folks in your congregations who would like to participate online, please have them:
– Attend an online orientation session in April (see below)
– Sign up for the delegates email group, if they are not already a member, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to join the group. Register your online voting manager by April 1.
Online Delegate Orientation and Participation
It is recommended that one tech-savvy person in your congregation be designated to manage the online voting sheets as your online voting manager (preferably someone who is familiar with Google Sheets).
Online delegates who are not familiar with the online voting system used in previous years, or who need a refresher, are requested to attend one of three orientation sessions. At the very least, the online voting manager in your congregation needs to attend the orientation. This is required to minimize issues and to ensure the AGM runs smoothly on May 11. Once registered for an orientation session, delegates will be sent instructions for participation.
Thursday, April 4th – 4 pm PT | 5 pm MT | 6 pm CT | 7 pm ET | 8 pm AT
Saturday, April 20th – 9 am PT | 10 am MT | 11 am CT | 12 pm ET | 1 pm AT
Tuesday, Apr 23rd – 6 pm PT | 7 pm MT | 8 pm CT | 9 pm ET | 10 pm AT
Online Participation and Voting
To ensure that your congregation can participate fully online in the AGM, we recommend the following:
– Gather your delegates in one location for the AGM, one with reliable high-speed internet
– Allow at least 30 minutes to set up and test sound and video systems
– Only one person operates the voting form – your designated online voting manager
– Have at least two computers available – one to view the proceedings, and one to vote. Use only one computer for sound and mute the others.