2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
CUC National Conference website coming soon! Registration opens on March 15.
Each year, the Canadian Unitarian Council holds its Annual General Meeting to elect members for the CUC’s Board of Trustees, vote on resolutions, and to attend to the business of the Council. The CUC’s member congregations send selected delegates from among their own membership to represent their congregations and to vote on business matters.
Presentations at each AGM include:
- Annual General Meeting Minutes
- Annual Meeting Rules of Procedure
- Annual Reports
- Audited Financial Statements
- CUC Resolutions
- Nominating Committee Report
What you need to know about AGM 2021
The 2021 AGM will be held online on Saturday, May 8, 2021, at 10am PT | 11am MT | 12pm CT | 1pm ET | 2pm AT (3.5 hours).
All may attend the AGM at no charge but only registered delegates can vote. To attend, sign in before the start time, and you’ll receive the Zoom information by email.
Delegates and voting
- For information about delegate selection, please refer to the information we have compiled for you. Your delegates will need:
- Knowledge of the proposed motions, and indications from the congregation about how to vote
- A level of comfort using online technology
- A laptop or desktop with web camera, microphone and speakers
- Reliable high-speed internet
- Delegates must be registered by April 1 and will be sent instructions and links ahead of time. Delegates who have not registered by April 1 will not be able to vote.
- Registered delegates are requested to sign on 30 minutes before the start of the AGM to check sound and video systems.
- Voting will be conducted via the Zoom polling system; please ensure that you have the latest version of Zoom, and use a laptop or desktop if possible.
- Sign up for the delegates email group, if they are not already a member, by emailing email@example.com with a request to join
- There will be an orientation video for delegates available in March.
Motions for the AGM
There are two motions for discussion and approval at the 2021 AGM. Information can be found here. Feedback on the motions is accepted on the motions until February 28th via the feedback form found in the above document.
Prior to the AGM on May 8, the CUC Board invites you to an informal dialogue amongst congregational delegates, leaders, board members, and CUC staff to discuss issues of importance to congregations, in support of the CUC’s vision, goals, and strategic priorities.
- When: Saturday, February 20 at 9am PT | 10am MT | 11am CT | 12pm ET | 1pm AT
- How: Sign in a few minutes before the start time and you’ll receive an email with the Zoom information
AGM 2021 documents:
Annual report – available April 15, 2021
– Audited financial statements available April 15, 2021
– Revised 2021 budget available February 20, 2021
AGM Agenda – available April 15, 2021