2020 National Annual General Meeting (online) and Conference
2020 Annual General Meeting
WHEN: Saturday, May 16 from 1:00p.m. – 4:30 pm A.T. | 12:00pm – 3:30pm ET | 11:00am – 2:30pm CT | 10:00am – 1:30 pm MT | 9:00am – 12:30pm PT
WHERE: Online via Zoom
Preparation for the AGM:
- Proposed motions for 2020 AGM:
CUC Motions for 2020 AGM (pdf)
- Delegate Selection
- Preparing for the AGM
- Credentialing Numbers
- Register your online delegates by April 15, 2020. Delegates who are not registered by this date will not be able to vote. Your congregation also needs to register an online voting manager, one who is comfortable operating Google sheets, who will be responsible for entering your congregation’s votes during the AGM. There is no charge to attend the AGM.
Online Voting Orientation
CUC’s 2020 Annual General Meeting on Saturday, May 16 will be fully online. To protect the health of everyone, we recommend that delegates NOT gather together, as with previous AGMs and instead meet individually using ZOOM.
Delegates need to sign up for one of six orientation sessions to be held in April and May. This is necessary as the voting process will differ from that used in previous years; the orientation will focus on how to use Zoom as a participant and using the online voting system. Participating in this online training will allow the AGM to run smoothly, as we won’t have the opportunity to assist with any technical issues on the day of the meeting. Your delegates will need:
- A level of comfort using online technology
- A laptop or desktop with a web camera, microphone, and speakers
- Reliable high-speed internet
Delegates will be sent information about the online orientation sessions and the AGM, after they have registered for both.
Dates for online orientation sessions (sign up here):
- Tue, Apr 7th – 6 pm PT | 7 pm MT | 8 pm CT | 9 pm ET | 10 pm AT
- Wed, Apr 8th – 11 am PT | 12 pm MT | 1 pm CT | 2 pm ET | 3 pm AT
- Thu, Apr 16th – 4 pm PT | 5 pm MT | 6 pm CT | 7 pm ET | 8 pm AT
- Mon, Apr 27th – 4 pm PT | 5 pm MT | 6 pm CT | 7 pm ET | 8 pm AT
- Sun, May 3rd – 6 pm PT | 7 pm MT | 8 pm CT | 9 pm ET | 10 pm AT
- Tue, May 5th – 4 pm PT | 5 pm MT | 6 pm CT | 7 pm ET | 8 pm AT
AGM Plenary Discussion Hosted By the CUC Board
Thursday, May 14, 7:30 – 9:00 pm AT – Online via ZoomPrior to the AGM on May 16, the CUC Board invites you to an informal dialogue amongst congregational delegates, leaders, board members, and CUC staff to discuss issues of importance to congregations, in support of the CUC’s vision, goals, and strategic priorities. Co-Chairs: CUC Board President and Executive Director. Join in via Zoom web meeting platform
2020 National Conference
The decision has been regretfully made to cancel the National Conference in May in Halifax. In light of the rapidly evolving situation, the CUC, together with the UU Church of Halifax Host Team, feel that holding a gathering in these times represents a potential risk to our members, staff and community and we fully support the recent recommendation from the Nova Scotia government to limit gatherings to 150 people.
The cancellation of the in-person conference presents an opportunity for us to explore national online connections instead. The planning teams are working on this, and updates will be sent to you in the coming weeks.