2019 Unicamp Young Adult Retreat
Unicamp of Ontario, Honeywood, ON
September 13, 6:00 pm – September 16, 1:00 pm
Registration deadline: September 9
Join UU young adults (18 – 35) for a wonderful weekend of community, conversation and outdoor adventures amidst the fall colours. Unicamp provides the perfect setting for a relaxing and rejuvenating retreat with new and old UU friends. This year’s retreat is extended to Monday – you are welcome to stay for 3 nights or leave on Sunday.
Come for a hike on the trails, swim in the pond (if you can brave the cold), gather for a workshop or discussion, or grow friendships over crafts and games, evening worship and stargazing. Saturday’s programming will be chosen by participants, based on interest, and will include crafts and outdoor activities. The retreat also includes nightly worships on Saturday and Sunday evenings, and a closing circle on Monday morning, as well as shared meals, and small and large group activities. With cars coming from everywhere between Montreal and Windsor, we can help arrange rides too.
- Date and Time: Friday, Sept 13 to Monday, Sept 16, 2019 (3rd night optional). You are welcome to arrive at camp anytime on Friday and stay until Sunday or Monday. Friday dinner will be around 7:30 p.m., for those who are there. Monday programming ends around lunchtime.
- Registration fee: Sliding scale from $40 – $140 – includes accommodations and food from Friday dinner to Monday lunch. Higher registrations help subsidize the event for those who need it – please choose the fee that best matches your financial situation.
- Suggest sliding scale of $40 – $100 for a Friday to Sunday stay (break-even cost per person is $75).
- Suggested sliding scale of $70 – $140 for Friday to Monday stay (break-even cost per person is $100).
- Location: Unicamp of Ontario is a Unitarian Universalist camp in Honeywood, Ontario – North of Orangeville. A few of its amazing features include: a spring-fed pond, walking trails, great star-gazing, access to the Bruce Trail, , outdoor showers, and comfortable cabins and facilities. To read more about Unicamp, please visit their website. To see pictures of this incredibly beautiful place, check out Unicamp’s Instagram.
- Getting there: The GO bus goes to Orangeville from Toronto, and we may be able to arrange pick up there. Carpooling is recommended – please indicate that you can offer, or would like a ride on your registration form.
- Kids: We welcome children 12 and under to the retreat! Feel free to bring your kids with you, knowing that activities will not all be geared to their participation. The retreat is fairly free form, so you have the flexibility of doing what you need and want to do during the weekend.
- Childcare is offered on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00 noon – free of charge. Please let us know on the registration form if you’d like to access childcare so we can plan ahead.
- Accommodation will be in dorms and cabins. Please contact Casey if you have questions about accommodation for families and we can make arrangements that best suit your needs.
- Contact: Casey Stainsby
- RSVP to the Facebook Event to stay up to date
Want more information about the retreat site, schedule, activities and more? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions about the Unicamp YA Retreat.
How to Register
Follow these TWO simple steps:
- Fill out the registration form (Google form).
- Fill out the payment form (on the CUC website) and make your payment online or over the phone with a credit card.
You won’t be considered fully registered until you complete both these steps! Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the process.
Unicamp Is Turning 50!
We are marking our Golden Jubilee with a long weekend of festivities! August 2nd-5th everyone is invited to join us for songs, stories, memories and (of course) fun! Weekend events will include an interpretive history walk, a starlight service of remembrance, classic camp games, storytelling, and much more! Saturday should not be missed. We will have our celebration lunch and then what we hope will be the biggest evening dance in Unicamp history!
Bring your photos, stories, and cotton shirts to tie dye. It will surely be an unforgettable time as we honor the fifty years of hard work, dedication, heart, soul, and spirit that have shaped our truly special place. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and book your meals/accommodation at https://unicampofontario.ca/register/