CanUUdle XX: CazUUm!
The year is 2020, and CanUUdle – our national, annual youth conference – is set to embark upon its 20th journey into community! We invite all youth (14-19) and their adult advisors (25+) to join us for an adventure through space. This year will be unlike any other as we’ll all be attending from home, using Zoom!
The CanUUdle planning team is thrilled to present to you… CazUUm: the Time-Space ContinUUm! This year’s conference is space-themed so there will be plenty of exploration into new galaxies. And what is more futuristic than doing it virtually? You can expect to explore your world in worship, forge new bonds at multigen events, and help build bridges between youth from congregations across Canada.
The week before, registered participants will receive a pre-packet by email with more details about the event, including Zoom links and passwords.
- When? May 15 – 18, 2020, between 12-8 pm ET each day
- Where? Zoom online video conferencing, from anywhere with an internet connection! Registered attendees will be sent access links the week before the event.
- Who? UU youth (14-19) and their adult advisors (25+)
- Cost: Sliding scale, $10-40
CanUUdle is planned and run by an amazing volunteer team of youth and adults. These are your CanUUdle Staff for 2020:
- Co-deans: Maya James (Toronto/Winnipeg) and Taz Trefzger (Kingston)
- Worship Coordinators: Addison Braden (Saskatoon) and Rowan Fitchner-Jack (Saskatoon)
- Activities Coordinators: Juliana Roe (Winnipeg) and Petra Versteeg (Hamilton)
- Touch Group Coordinator: Molly Syms-Wilson (Guelph/Kitchener)
- Community Captain: Sian Kilpatrick (Vancouver)
- Memory Keeper and Publicity: Declan Kiely (Edmonton)
- Youth Chaplain: Maisy Elspeth (Vancouver)
- Adult Chaplain: Arran Liddel (Victoria)
- Advisor’s Advisor: Camellia Jahanshahi (Montreal)
- CanUUdle Coordinator – CUC Staff: Alex Okrainetz (Vancouver)
Youth/Advisor Matches: This event will use the same youth:adult ratio (8:1) that the CUC uses for in-person events, as per our Youth Safety Policies. All youth (regardless of age) are required to have a sponsoring advisor attend the event along with them. If you aren’t sure exactly which youth you will be sponsoring, or if you are registering a youth without a confirmed advisor, simply note this on the registration form and CUC staff will be in touch before the event to confirm and can help match you with someone, if needed.
Advisors: There will be an advisor orientation before CazUUm to discuss the role of advisors in an online context. You will be contacted with the details after you register.
RSVP to the Facebook event to get updates!
Follow the CanUUdle Instagram page (@canuudle) to meet the staff team and hear about new CanUUdle developments!
In-person CanUUdle has been cancelled for 2020, and re-scheduled to May 21-24, 2021 in Halifax, NS, as long as all travel and large gatherings restrictions are lifted for that time period.
Who to Contact About CanUUdle:
Alex Okrainetz is our CanUUdle Coordinator, a contract staff position that supports CanUUdle planning and logistics. Contact Alex about anything related to the CanUUdle program and logistics.
Casey Stainsby is the CUC Youth and Young Adult Ministry staff who supports youth and young adult programs and events. Contact Casey with questions about the registration process, forms, age range, rules and policies.
Registration will be open from April 15 – May 5, 2020