Young Adults (18 – 35)
Welcome Young Adults!
Whether you’re active in a congregation or feeling disconnected, raised in this faith or recently arrived, engaged in leadership or trying to find a place to share your gifts – you are welcome here!
We know that young adulthood can be a time of transition, and that the 18-35 age range includes lots of different life stages. You may be going to school, moving out or moving away, starting a new job, dating, partnering, or becoming a parent – or some combination of all of that. Our young adult ministry seeks to meet you where you are, supporting you and learning from and with you. We value your voice and welcome your contributions to Unitarian Universalism and our larger society.
There are many ways to connect with other young adults – online, through regional and national events, retreats, camps, and more! Explore this page to find out how you can engage and grow with other Unitarian Universalists.
How do young adults gather?
- Young Adult Events: Regional and national young adult events offer opportunities for connection and spiritual exploration in a supportive community. Choose the category “young adult” on the CUC events calendar to see what’s coming up.
- Chorus is the annual national young adult conference, with special programming for community building and spiritual deepening.
- Multigen events: Engage with people of all ages as we explore and celebrate our common faith at regional gatherings and the CUC’s National Conference. Check the CUC events calendar for upcoming events.
- Gathered Here: Join other UU young adults at our monthly online spiritual gathering and check in. Make new friends, share in joys and sorrows and small group discussions. See the calendar for the next gathering!
- Online connections: Stay in the loop about events and programs, and connect with young adults online – see our “Connect” section below for links.
- Pastoral Care: Get in touch with the ministers on the CUC’s Young Adult Pastoral Care Team to receive support from a caring listener. You can reach the team anytime by voicemail or email.
- Spiritual sustenance: Sign up for Braver/Wiser, a weekly email with a thoughtful reflection and prayer from a UU minister, religious educator or lay leader. You can also subscribe to podcasts and videos of services from UU congregations.
- UU Camps: A network of UU camps and conference centres provide spiritually-centred outdoor programming, including Unicamp of Ontario.
- Attend a congregation: Use our “Find a congregation” page to connect with a UU community near you.
- Regional young adult groups: Some cities and regions have young adult groups that meet up for social events, and congregational programs. Send a message to email@example.com for help finding a group near you.
- Webinars and learning opportunities: The CUC runs regular webinars, roundtables and trainings for leaders of all ages. Check the calendar to see what’s coming up.
We want you to be able to join us! The Dawning Future Youth and Young Adult Subsidy Fund helps young adults with registration and travel costs for all UU events and conferences. Applications are reviewed at the start of each month, and must be received at least 3 weeks before the event. Visit the subsidies page to read more and apply with the easy online form
There are four main ways to stay in the loop about upcoming programs and events for young adults:
- Follow us on Instagram @yayasofcanada
- Like the CUC Youth and Young Adult Ministry page on Facebook
- Join the CUC Young Adults email list
- Sign up for text reminders by texting @cucya to (502) 694-1142
Check out this extensive list of Facebook groups and regional and national email lists that will keep you in the know about programs across the CUC.
Resources for young adult ministry
Learn how to grow and develop a vibrant, safe, and spiritual young adult ministry in your congregation. The CUC offers resources and best practices for young adults, religious exploration professionals, and congregations.
Young Adult Ministry Staff
Casey Stainsby is the CUC’s Youth and Young Adult Program and Events Coordinator. Read Casey’s full bio. Get in touch with her with any questions or ideas related to programs and events!