Annual Program Contributions from member societies constitute over 70% of the operating revenues of the CUC. They provide the CUC with the revenue and the cash flow that it needs to run throughout the year. The CUC recognizes “Honour Societies” who provide information by our published deadlines and make regular, timely payments of their full fair share throughout the fiscal year.
Annual Program Contributions: A Different Method of Calculation
Kristina Stevens, the CUC Board’s Treasurer, has been leading a conversation and, with the help of a task force, has been looking into a different method of calculating Annual Program Contributions (APC) for congregations. This was spurred in part by anecdotal information that some congregations were finding it onerous to send a per member fee for their members, as well as by the decrease in contributions coming from congregations to the CUC. Over the past two years, the APC Task Force looked at several methods of calculation and impacts on congregations and the CUC. One of the vital criteria for a new method is that it has to be equitable and sustaining both for congregations and the CUC. The Task Force made a recommendation to the CUC Board to base the new APC calculation on a percentage of a congregation’s operating budget.
Annual Program Contribution Updates
- Annual Program Contribution: An Update November 2, 2016
- What to Expect at the 2016 Annual General Meeting March 2, 2016
- Annual Program Contributions: A Different Method of Calculation February 4, 2016
- Annual Program Contribution Options – The Conversation Continues November 30, 2015
- Exploring Ways of Calculating Congregational Commitment January 29, 2015
- Annual Program Contribution Task Force October 7, 2014
- Annual Program Contribution Musings June 26, 2014
In advance of the 2016 AGM, congregations were requested to explore what this change would mean for them; Kristina Stevens has written a fuller explanation and included a form for the calculation here.