What is Sharing Our Faith?
The Sharing Our Faith program provides funds for congregational initiatives which enhance ministry, aid projects and outreach for the congregation, and enhance the Unitarian Universalist movement in Canada. The Sharing Our Faith fund consists of monies collected by congregations at special Sharing Our Faith services held during the year, and from a Foundation Fund administered by the First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto. These funds are allocated in the form of grants to congregations for projects they may otherwise not afford to undertake.
Grant applications are due by March 31 of each year with all required documents. Completed applications can be e-mailed to email@example.com – electronic copies are preferred.
The 2018 Sharing Our Faith package will be available in December 2017.
Since 2001, Sharing Our Faith has awarded over $181,000 to congregations. Initiatives include:
- Support for part-time professional ministry
- Communication, publicity and increasing visibility
- Religious education and music programs
- Youth programs
See the complete list of SOF grants awarded from 2001-2017 here (pdf).
Sharing Our Faith Worship and Collection
Once a year, congregations are encouraged to hold a “Sharing Our Faith” worship service focused on the UU faith in Canada, with a special collection for the Sharing Our Faith fund. Annually, the CUC provides materials to help congregations prepare for this service to celebrate the larger Canadian UU community.
Organizing a Sharing Our Faith Service: Guidelines for preparing the service and collecting the special offering
Resources from previous years:
- 2016 Truth, Healing and Reconciliation PDF | Word doc | Express yUUrself Flame Template
- 2014 Sharing Our Faith resource package (pdf) | Word doc
- 2013 Web of UU connections (pdf) | Word doc
- 2012 Trust the Dawning Future (pdf)
- 2011 Supporting One Another (pdf)
- 2009 Our National Identity (pdf)
- 2006 Go-4-It! (pdf)
- 2005 Getting to Know U and U (pdf)
- 2003 Our First Year on Our Own (pdf)