The CanUUdle Staff is a group of 10 youth and 2 adults who work together to plan the annual, national youth con. Check out the staff positions below.
Fill out the CazUUm Staff Application Form – Deadline Extended!
What does CanUUdle Staff do?
CanUUdle is a youth con by and for youth. The staff team plans the con schedule, workshops, activities, worships and runs the show during the weekend. From January to May, the staff team gathers in monthly online meetings and works in small teams to plan the schedule and program. During CanUUdle, the staff collectively function as important community stewards, organizers and, most importantly, role models and leaders of the youth community.
Planning is supported by the CanUUdle Coordinator, a part-time contract staff who works with the staff team and organizes logistics. Contact the coordinator by emailing email@example.com.
Why would you want to be on CanUUdle staff?
- To give back to our wonderful youth community by planning a con where everyone can enjoy themselves, make great friends, and explore their UU identity.
- To develop your leadership skills, learn how to organize a big event, plan a schedule, facilitate meetings and much more!
- To meet amazing youth and adults from across Canada and the U.S. and make long lasting friendships through the planning process.
What if I’ve never been on staff before?
Now is the perfect time to try something new! This year we will be implementing a mentorship program into the CazUUm Staff experience – so new staff will be paired with more experienced staff. The whole team will also spend some time every month going over leadership tips and tricks to make sure everyone has the skills they need to feel comfortable hosting a great online con!
Keep in mind there are also many different kinds of roles that require different skill sets and interests. Check out the PDF below to get a better idea of which roles would be most comfortable for you, and which ones might stretch you!
Regardless of the size and scope of your role, everyone on staff commits to working together to collectively create and lead each year’s CanUUdle program. Plan on spending an average of 5-7 hours per month on CanUUdle planning between January and May, with a heavier commitment right before the con.
All staff commit to:
- Participating in online planning meetings (5 meetings between January and May)
- Maintaining regular communication with each other via the CanUUdle Staff Slack workspace, email and other means.
- Generating ideas and a vision for the whole con
- Following through on tasks for their staff role, and for general con planning
- Asking for help when needed (and before deadlines are passed)
CazUUm Planning Timeline: 2020-2021
- Staff application deadline: December 20 at midnight ET
- Co-deans chosen: week of January 4
- Other staff positions chosen: week of January 11
- The first All Staff meeting will be a must-attend meeting the week of January 18
- All CanUUdle staff are required to be available to attend the virtual conference on the weekend of May ____(tbc)
- All CanUUdle staff must agree to follow the CUC Code of Ethics and all CUC Youth policies.
- Registration fees are waived for the volunteer staff team in recognition of the work they put into making this con possible. Additional funding is available through the CUC Youth and Young Adult Subsidy Fund. If further financial assistance is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The staff team works collaboratively to plan the con program, but individual staff have main responsibility for their area. Download the CazUUm Staff Roles document to see what’s involved.
Staff Application Form – Deadline: December 6, at midnight PT
Please allow about 15-20 minutes to complete this application. You’ll also need 1 youth and 1 adult reference so make sure you have those before submitting it.Unpublished form