Join us for the 2017 national Young Adult Con in Edmonton!
Registration is open now until April 28.
Who are young adults?
In Unitarian Universalist communities anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 years old (inclusive) is known as a Young Adult (YA).
While young adults represent a range of life experiences, we celebrate the chance to be together in community. The young adult community is a vibrant group, made up of youth bridging into young adulthood, students, young parents, individuals who grew up in UU congregations, and those who found our community later in life. This phase in our life’s journey is often categorized as one of transitions, when reflection and spiritual practice foster comfort and connection.
Young adult gatherings take many forms, from campus ministry groups to play groups with children, weekly brunches to annual retreats; whenever we meet, our UU Young Adult community is one of mutual support and friendship.
Young Adult Events
Gatherings of Young Adults reinforce a sense of community at regional, national, and continental events. Conferences and retreats bring UU YAs together for soulful, energizing, intentional community building.
- Visit Young Adult Events to see descriptions of annual gatherings, and a list of upcoming conferences for Young Adults.
- Youth and Young Adult Subsidy Application (pdf) This subsidy is provided by the CUC to help Youth and Young Adults attend regional, national and continental conferences and leadership development opportunities, and can be applied to registration and or travel fees or other cost barriers associated with taking part in these events.
Resources and Links
Visit our Young Adult Ministry Resources page for resources, articles and links – for young adults, congregational leaders and UUs who want to help foster vibrant young adult and multigenerational community!
Connect with other young adults
- Join our new Young Adults Email Group — connect with other young adults attending conferences and share news of your young adult or campus ministry group. To join send a blank email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also find Canadian YA UUs on Facebook – check out the Canadian Unitarian Universalist Young Adults group
- To connect with CUC staff about Young Adult issues, contact CUC Youth and Young Adult Ministry Development staff person Asha Philar.