Canadian Events for Young Adults
- Chorus: Young adults gather every May long weekend for Chorus, the annual national conference for Unitarian Universalist young adults. Every second year this gathering takes place in conjunction with the national CUC Conference and Annual General Meeting. Young adults participate fully in the CUC Conference and also get together for age-specific worship services and social events. On odd-numbered years, such as in 2019, Chorus happens in conjunction with its sibling event for youth, CanUUdle.
- Unicamp Young Adult Retreat: Join us for a relaxing three-day weekend at a beautiful camp and conference centre near Orangeville, Ontario. Young adults gather to enjoy worship, crafts, games, discussions, and outdoor activities. The weekend is what you make of it; participants help craft the schedule, and there is plenty of free time. Fees are sliding scale and include all meals and accommodation.
- September 13–16, 2019, at Unicamp of Ontario, Honeywood, Ontario
- Young Adults at the Western Regional Fall Gathering: Every October, young adults are invited to the annual multigenerational gathering of the Western Region (the prairies and Thunder Bay). The weekend combines multigenerational workshops, meals, and activities, and young adults have social time in the evening. Fees are sliding scale and home hospitality is available.
- October 2019, in Edmonton, Alberta
- Young Adults at the BC Regional Spring Gathering: Every other year in June, join with Unitarian Universalists of all ages from across British Columbia for a weekend of community building, workshops, shared meals and social time. On alternate years, connect with local groups at smaller gatherings: Metro Vancouver Unitarians, UU Island Network, and the BC Interior. Fees are sliding scale and home hospitality is available.
The CUC provides regular training and skill development opportunities for people of all ages, with some designed particularly for young adults. In addition to in-person trainings, we also offer online webinars and roundtables for congregational leaders of all ages.
- Stay tuned for upcoming trainings for young adults!
Young adult events and programs of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) in the United States
- OPUS is the annual continental UU young adult summer camp, taking place in a different location each year. Organized by and for young adults, OPUS is a great opportunity for young adults to connect with their peers, attend worship services and workshops, and enjoy a beautiful camp setting together. See the Facebook event for more details.
- Meaning Makers is a year-long spiritual development program for UU emerging adults (ages 18–24). Through in-person retreats, virtual small group ministry, and mentorship, emerging adults will explore the central questions “Who am I and how can I live my UU faith in the world?” CUC staff member Asha Philar is one of the facilitators of Meaning Makers.
- Young Adults at General Assembly: Thousands of UUs gather every June at the UUA’s General Assembly, including a few Canadians. Young adults are vital members of the GA community, participating in their own programming and joining fully in the business of the association. YA@GA brings together all young adult attendees for workshops, worship, social events, and more.
- Thrive Young Adult is a five-day summer leadership program for UU young adults of colour. At Thrive, participants build relationships, develop leadership skills, and explore their own racial and ethnic identities and UU identity.2018. Dates to be announced. In addition, Thrive Youth serves UU high-school-age youth of colour.
- The Intergenerational Spring Seminar is a UU gathering held in New York City where youth, young adults, and adults explore some of the most challenging issues facing humanity today. Each seminar focuses on a social or environmental justice theme with panel discussions, community building activities, keynote speeches, and worship services.