It’s coming up fast! The National Conference in Hamilton ON is a mere two weeks away, on May 18th, and online registration closes this weekend (psst, it’ll stay open until midnight May 6th). In case you’re still deciding, here are eight excellent reasons to experience the conference in-person:
- Young adult gatherings and multigenerational events – the Conference is a place where young adults can find their place within the larger community and connect to their UU identity
- Fun children’s program, so that families can be together at the conference. Payment is on a sliding scale, starting at $25 for the whole weekend!
- Meet up with friends from across the country, and make new ones connections. Where else would a president from Halifax, a lay chaplain from Vancouver, a youth from Peterborough, and a religious educator from Hamilton share a Mexican fiesta together?
- To be challenged, in meetings, in the Confluence Lecture, in worship, and in workshops to new and different ways of thinking about our choices and possibilities.
- Sunday night sing! This is a favourite thing at the Conference – gathering around a piano to sing our favourites loud and proud
- Crafting resolutions towards the goal of living out our vital faith
- Thought-provoking programming, ranging from workshops about mental health, multi-racial families and a possible 8th principle, to a stirring Confluence Lecture by Rev. Karen Fraser Gitlitz, to a young adult gathering, and a Sunday service like no other
- A special surprise will be unveiled at the Annual General Meeting and Sunday Banquet!
Don’t delay. Find the information you’ll need about the conference and registering: