September 14 @ 5:00 pm – September 17 @ 1:00 pm – Unicamp of Ontario, Honeywood, ON
~~ Registration is now closed for this year’s retreat. If you had trouble with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ~~
Join UU young adults (18 – 35) for a wonderful weekend of community, conversation and outdoor adventures amidst the fall colours. Unicamp provides the perfect setting for a relaxing and rejuvenating retreat with new and old UU friends. This year’s retreat is extended to Monday – you are welcome to stay for 3 nights or leave Sunday if you need to.
Come for a hike on the trails, swim in the pond (if you can brave the cold), gather for a workshop or discussion, take a cave tour, or grow friendships over crafts and games, evening worship and stargazing. Saturday’s programming will be chosen by participants, based on interest, and will include crafts and outdoor activities. The retreat also includes nightly worships on Saturday and Sunday evenings, and a closing circle on Monday morning, as well as shared meals, and small and large group activities. With cars coming from everywhere between Montreal and Windsor, we can help arrange rides too.
- Date and Time: Friday, Sept 14 to Monday, Sept 17 – 2018 (optional additional 3rd night this year). You are welcome to arrive at camp anytime on Friday and stay until Sunday or Monday. Friday dinner will be around 7:30, for those who are there. Monday programming ends around lunchtime.
- Registration fee: Sliding scale from $40 – $140 – includes accommodations and food from Friday dinner to Monday lunch. Higher registrations help subsidize the event for those who need it – please choose the fee that best matches your financial situation.
- Suggest sliding scale of $40 – $100 for a Friday to Sunday stay (break-even cost per person is $75).
- Suggested sliding scale of $70 – $140 for Friday to Monday stay (break-even cost per person is $100).
- Advance registration required, but we will take payment at the event by cash or cheque.
- Location: Unicamp of Ontario is a Unitarian Universalist camp in Honeywood, Ontario – North of Orangeville. A few of its amazing features include: a spring-fed pond, walking trails, great star-gazing, access to the Bruce Trail, caves, outdoor showers, and comfortable cabins and facilities. To read more about Unicamp, please visit their website. To see pictures of this incredibly beautiful place, check out Unicamp’s Instagram.
- Getting there: The GO bus goes to Orangeville from Toronto, and we may be able to arrange pick up there. Carpooling is recommended – please indicate that you can offer, or would like a ride on your registration form.
- Kids: We welcome children 12 and under to the retreat! Feel free to bring your kids with you, knowing that activities will not all be geared to their participation. The retreat is fairly free form, so you have the flexibility of doing what you need and want to do during the weekend.
- Childcare is offered on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:00 to 12:00 noon – free of charge. Please let us know on the registration form if you’d like to access childcare.
- Accommodation will be in dorms and cabins. Please contact Asha if you have questions about accommodation for families and we can make arrangements that best suit your needs.
- More information: Asha Philar – email@example.com
- RSVP to the Facebook Event to stay up to date
Want more information about the retreat site, schedule, activities and more? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions about the Unicamp YA Retreat.