September 14 @ 5:00 pm – September 17 @ 1:00 pm EDT
~~ Registration will open in June ~~
Join UU young adults (18 – 35) for a wonderful weekend of community, conversation and carousing amidst the splendors of the changing leaves. Unicamp provides the perfect setting for a relaxing and rejuvenating retreat with new and old UU friends.
Come for a hike on the trails, swim in the pond (if you can brave the cold), gather a crew for a workshop, take a cave tour, or grow friendships over crafts and games, evening worship and stargazing. Saturday’s programming will be chosen by participants, based on interest, and will include crafts and outdoor activities. The retreat also includes nightly worships on Saturday and Sunday evenings, and a closing circle on Monday morning, as well as shared meals, and small and large group activities. With cars coming from everywhere between Montreal and Windsor, we can help arrange rides too.
- Date and Time: Friday, Sept 14 to Monday, Sept 17 – 2017. You are welcome to arrive at camp anytime on Friday and stay until Sunday or Monday. Friday dinner will be around 7:30, for those that are there. Sunday programming ends around lunchtime.
- Registration fee: Sliding scale from $40 – $100 – includes accommodations and food from Friday dinner to Monday lunch. (Higher registrations help subsidize the event for those who need it. For reference, the cost per participant is $80).
- Advance registration required, but we will take payment at the event by cash or cheque, or in advance by e-transfer.
- Location: Unicamp of Ontario is a Unitarian Universalist camp in Honeywood, Ontario – North of Orangeville. A few of its amazing features include: a spring-fed pond, walking trails, great star-gazing, access to the Bruce Trail, caves, outdoor showers, and comfortable cabins and facilities. To read more about Unicamp, please visit their website. To see pictures of this incredibly beautiful place, check out Unicamp’s Instagram.
- Getting there: The GO bus goes to Orangeville from Toronto, and we can arrange to pick you up there. Carpooling is recommended.
- More information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 226-820-9311
- RSVP to the Facebook Event to stay up to date
Want more information about the retreat site, schedule, activities and more? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions about the Unicamp YA Retreat.