Registration now open for the 2017 national Young Adult Con – UU young adults gathering to build beloved community, deepen our connections, and grow as spiritual beings.
- When? May 19 – 22, 2017
- Where? Westwood Unitarian Congregation – Edmonton, Alberta
- Who? Young adults (18-35) Limit of 45 people.
- What? A “Con-style gathering” – where everyone participates in leadership, and everyone helps to create beloved community through worship, workshops, shared meals and activities.
Registration is open from March 1 to April 28 with early bird discounts available until March 31. There is a cap on registrations, so don’t delay – we’d love to see you there!
Contact Ariel Hunt-Brondwin at email@example.com to get involved or for any questions.
Travel and registration subsidies are now available – see cuc.ca/subsidies for the Youth and Young Adult Subsidy Fund application.
New in 2017, the CUC is running a full weekend con for young adults. In previous years when there has been a CUC Conference, we’ve had young adult events such as mini-cons, pub nights, worship and the bridging dinner, but this year we get a full weekend to celebrate our UU YA community!
Our broad theme is “Resistance and Resilience”, with a focus on truth, healing and reconciliation with indigenous people. A large part of the program is the Kairos Blanket Exercise – an interactive workshop to help us learn about the historic relationship between indigenous and non-indigenous peoples in Canada.
What will you find when you come to this Young Adult Conference?
- Supportive community that will feed and sustain you.
- Worship that renews and builds our personal capacity and UU commitment to love and justice in the world.
- Truth, healing and reconciliation programming that challenges us to develop a new relationship with indigenous peoples in Canada.
- Workshops that develop our skills and create space to share ourselves and our wisdom.
- Collaborative cooking that feeds our community – spiritually and physically!
- Games and activities that build authentic relationships.
- Exploration of what it means to be UU young adults in congregations and other forms of UU community.
To encourage cross-over between the youth and young adult community, the Young Adult Con will be held on the same weekend in the same city as the CanUUdle Youth Con. Some activities and meals will be shared with the youth, but most will be separate. With a limit of 45 participants, we will shape a community that will provide deep connection for the weekend and relationships to last a lifetime. Come experience the magic of con!
Cost: We are striving to make this gathering as financially accessible as possible – with a sliding scale fee and subsidies available. Please check out the subsidy page to get help with your travel and registration costs.
Early Bird sliding scale (March 1 – 31): $80 – $130
Regular sliding scale (April 1 – 28): $100 – $130
The registration fee includes all meals and accommodation (at the church) between Friday and Monday. Payment methods: online through PayPal or by phone with a credit card.
About Sliding Scale Pricing:
We are striving to make this gathering as financially accessible as possible – with a sliding scale fee and subsidies available. Sliding scale fees are designed to allow participants to choose how much they are able to pay for registration. If you are unsure how much you should be paying, here are a few words about sliding scale to think about:
Use this “Green Bottle” chart to help you figure out which end of the scale you should be paying at:
Registration is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you had technical difficulties or were not able to register within the deadline.