Training and coaching in worship development, leadership, and sermon preparation is available through the congregational development resource person in your area. Please contact them to find out more.
Materials for Worship Services and Celebrations
The following resources are offered to help with planning worship services. They are available to be used and adapted as needed, but please credit the author.
Sermons and Prepared Services
- Minding the Gap (pdf) is a ready-made, adaptable Sunday Service Kit on the theme of supporting Young Adults in our denomination.
- Sharing Our Faith worship resources offer complete service packages celebrating Canadian Unitarian Universalism.
- Selected Sermons and Confluence Lectures by Canadian UU Ministers are available to use or adapt in your own worship services.
- Season and Solstice (pdf) a Unitarian interpretation of the midwinter festival, by Rev. Dr. Phillip Hewett
- What Easter Means for Unitarians (pdf) by Rev. Dr. Phillip Hewett
- Rabbits and Resurrection (pdf) Easter Service by Rev. Anne Treadwell
Readings and Resources
- The UUA Worship Web is a searchable collection of readings and resources for worship services.
- Dare to be Religious Readings is a collection of short readings in English and French
- Working Together: Cooperation Story and Service Elements. On March 30th 2008, ministers from Southern Ontario exchanged pulpits. London, Olinda, Waterloo, Toronto First, Neighbourhood, Mississauga, Peterborough, Don Heights and Hamilton participated in a minister shuffle where each minister spoke on the same topic, “working together.” Each of the participating ministers wrote one of the service elements which were shared in common.
If you are a member of a UU congregation in Canada, you are invited to join a discussion of worship programs by sending a blank email to email@example.com
Increasingly, in an attempt to make themselves known to the
communities in which they operate and those who come across their website,
congregations are posting material highlighting their congregation and worship.
However, it is important to protect the congregation from legal action and other
risk exposure by paying attention to the restrictions on sharing material that
is copyright protected. The following resources may help congregations determine if their material is appropriately shared.