Volunteering with the CUC is a great opportunity to be involved with CUC events and actions at a national level, and to become better informed about our UU community.Credentials Committee
View Credentials Committee
Every year, to support the Annual Meeting, the CUC requires five volunteers for the Credentials Committee, which is responsible for registering delegates on-site and maintaining accurate delegate counts during the Annual Meeting. The Credentials Committee consists of:
- Three volunteers for the Credentials committee (one chair, two members)
- Two alternate or “backup” volunteers, in case one of the three above are unable to perform their duties on the day of the meeting
The Credentials Committee is responsible for the following functions before the meeting:
- Attending a short training session with the Parliamentarian
- Registering delegates and distributing voting cards
And for the following functions during the meeting:
- Counting delegates attending, to determine if there is a quorum
- On request, counting votes – either by a show of hands or by secret ballot
- Other support functions, e.g. distributing documents, etc.
Please email email@example.com or call the CUC office at 1-888-568-5723 by March 15th if you are interested in being part of the Credentials Committee at CUC Annual Meetings.
Communications Advisory Committee
Communications Advisory Committee
Having an effective communications strategy is vital to the functioning of the CUC, and to improving the connections between the CUC and member congregations. In order to gain input and expertise from the membership, the Executive Director is assembling a Communications Advisory Committee. This mandate of this Committee will include:
- Envisioning an overall communications strategy for the Canadian Unitarian Council which will address communications between CUC Board and Staff with member congregations, among member congregations, and with members of the public.
- Identifying useful, creative and cost-effective communications platforms.
- Providing advice and support to CUC Staff as appropriate and necessary.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CUC office at 1-888-568-5723 by March 31st for more information or to express interest in being on the Communications Advisory Committee.
Writers, Proofreaders, Graphic Designers
Writers, Proofreaders, Graphic Designers
We are in need of writers for eNews and the website, proof-readers, and graphic designers. If you have talents in these areas, please email email@example.com with a summary of your experience and skills.
Compensation Consultants are volunteers, trained and supported by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Office of Church Staff Finances, who help congregational leaders navigate the complexity of ministerial and staff compensation, benefits, and employment agreements. Currently, we have only one Compensation Consultant serving congregations in Canada. Many thanks to Barry Coburn for his ongoing service, and to the late Bob Dobbs, who passed away earlier this year.
We are eager to recruit and train one or two more Compensation Consultants to assist Canadian congregations. Prior human resources or similar experience is helpful but not necessary. Compensation Consultants engage with congregational leaders through informal phone and email exchanges, and also provide formal consultations for which they receive an honorarium. We expect our Compensation Consultants to be comfortable with teleconferencing options such as Zoom, since most of our consultations and trainings are held virtually.
If this volunteer opportunity intrigues you, or if you want to recommend someone, please contact Jan Gartner, UUA Compensation and Staffing Practices Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Religious Education - UU Church of Delaware County
UU Church of Deleware County seeks a DRE to lead the congregation’s Religious Education program. The DRE facilitates the delivery of programming for the spiritual enrichment of children and youth in accord with the congregation’s core values. The DRE has primary responsibility for the program for children between pre-school and 8th grade and also provides input, oversight and support to lay leaders who deliver a cohesive youth program for 9th through 12th grade. The DRE is a member of UUCDC’s senior staff, reporting to our Minister and working closely with our Church Administrator, Church Assistant, Music Director, and Religious Education Council (REC).
The Director of Religious Educaiton (DRE) position is offered as a 3/4 time poition starting August 2017.
For more information on our current programs, please review the Website pages “Spiritual Exploration”, “Sunday School Pre-K to grade 7”, “Our Whole Lives”, and “Youth Programs Grade 8-12”.
- a “Fair Compensation Congregation”
- a UUA “Breakthrough Congregation’
- situated near many rich cultural and historic sites
- located in Media, PA, a vibfrant small town 15 miles west of Philadelphia
Applications are considered between January 2017 and March 15, 2017.
For additional information on this opportunity or to reply to this Employment Opportunity, please Email email@example.com.
Lifespan Religious Education Director - First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh
Greetings from First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh!
We are excited to have recently launched a nation-wide search for our next full-time Lifespan Religious Education Director and we’d like to pass along the details to you for either your consideration or for you to share with others you know who may be interested in applying or learning more.
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to serve our congregation. We believe that our position is a terrific opportunity for a religious educator who can lead with a deep vision, a commitment to Unitarian Universalist values, a love for children and youth, and an ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others. We are the oldest and largest Unitarian Universalist congregation in Western Pennsylvania. We are an urban congregation in the progressive, diverse, and resurgent East End of Pittsburgh, which is home to world-class universities, outstanding medical facilities, innovative tech firms, and amazing cultural opportunities.
We have posted an “accepting applications” due date of Friday, March 3, 2017. We are eager to begin interviews and encourage people to apply by March 3rd. However, this is a date that we begin to start interviewing and not a date to close the taking of applications. We will continue to accept applications beyond this date.
To learn more about the position and about us please see the links below.
First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh LRED Search Committee
Director of Religious Education - Westminster Unitarian Church
Westminster Unitarian Church, located in the coastal town of East Greenwich, Rhode Island, is seeking an engaging, forward-thinking innovator to serve as Director of Religious Education for our growing Religious Education Program. Presently, our 200 member congregation serves nearly 70 children and youth, birth through high-school.
The role of the Director of Religious Education at Westminster is to plan, coordinate, support and administer a comprehensive Religious Education program for children, youth and families in a manner that supports our program goals (available on the Church’s website). The Director of Religious Education reports to the Minister, supervises program volunteers and paid childcare staff, and works closely with the Religious Education Committee.
This position requires a person who
- Has experience with UU Religious Education, learning theory, and curriculum development
- Has experience related to developing and supporting educational programs for youth
- Has demonstrated success recruiting, supporting and retaining volunteers
- Is knowledgeable about child development and age-appropriate content and instructional practices; able to convey best-practice to volunteer teachers
- Interacts with children, youth, and adults in a warm and respectful way.
- Demonstrates leadership skills while also functioning effectively as a team member
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is Microsoft Office proficient; experience with social networking, web content management preferred.
This is part-time position, 28 hrs/week, 45 weeks/year. The position includes semi-flexible weekday office hours, hours on Sunday mornings, as well as some scheduled weekend and evening hours for meetings and events. Salary is based on experience and training, and is aligned with the UUA Fair Compensation guidelines. Preferred start date is August 7, 2017, with some preparatory, potentially virtual, consulting hours during Spring-Summer 2017. See full job description here (https://tinyurl.com/WUC-DRE).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2017.