For all the projects and services the CUC funds, we rely on support from our Friends. Friends of the CUC are donors who give directly to the CUC, above and beyond what they might pledge to their own congregations. Our Friends are loyal and committed UUs who have shown concretely that they believe in what we do.
Donations to our Friends Campaign comprise a significant amount of our budgeted revenues. Contributions range from $5 a month to thousands a year, and we truly couldn’t do what we do without you!
Together, we have accomplished much over the past year. Your contributions have helped us in these following areas, to name just a few:
- Refugee sponsorship: congregations and the CUC (with community sponsors) helped 176 refugees come to Canada in 2016. Applications for another 176 refugees have been submitted
- Successful gatherings: I national conference, 3 regional gatherings and 4 youth conferences
- Congregational growth initiatives: supported 5 congregations through Sharing Our Faith grants
- Truth, Healing and Reconciliation initiative: a project to help Canadian UUs deepen understanding of reconciliation between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Canadians, this was funded through a Northern Lights grant. 4 facilitator trainings were held, with 19 congregations signing on for the pilot project
- Lay chaplains: training, support and administration
- Ministerial transitions: support for 12 congregations during this process
- Young Adults: launch of a “Welcoming Young Adults” initiative, in partnership with the Unitarian Church of Vancouver and the UU Ministers of Canada
- Communications: 1) monthly e-News and twice yearly Canadian Unitarian to keep Canadian Unitarians informed and connected; 2) use of Zoom web meeting platform for webinars and roundtables, also made available to congregations
- Resources for charities: development of resources for congregations on Canada Revenue Agency guidelines and best practices for charities
- Congregational leadership: support for conflict resolution, leadership development and governance
- New vision and charitable purpose: approved at the 2016 Annual General Meeting
Our community of liberal faith continues to gain in maturity and strength, and we are proud of partnering with Friends of the CUC to grow vital Unitarian communities.
To become a Friend of the CUC, an easy, secure on-line donation can be made to the Canadian Unitarian Council by debit or credit through PayPal here.
You can use the PayPal button above to make a one time donation, or set up a monthly contribution to the CUC. For you, it’s about convenience. Your contribution is automatically made through your bank account or credit card every month. And you can spread your donation out over the year, so that you hardly notice the regular deductions. For the Canadian Unitarian Council, all monthly donations help to keep administrative costs low.
Donate by Phone:
We look forward to speaking with you about your donation. Toll-Free at 1-888-568-5723
Donate by Mail:
Please print out and complete this hard copy donation form and mail it to the CUC with your cheque or money order to the address below:
Canadian Unitarian Council
400-215 Spadina Ave
Toronto ON M5T 2C7
Please make your cheque or money order payable to the Canadian Unitarian Council.
All donors will receive an official income tax receipts for all donations of $25 or more. If you would like a receipt for less than $25, please advise us.
The Canadian Unitarian Council is a registered Canadian charity. Charitable Number: 106868474RR0001.