Youth Ministry Retreat
November 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm ESTFree
Day-long Retreat and Workshop for Adults Working with Youth
November 25 – First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto
Join CUC staff Asha Philar for a day-long retreat for youth advisors and religious education professionals. The day will be balance of structured learning and discussion about the theory and practice of youth ministry, as well as elements of spiritual deepening and reflection.
This is a great opportunity to learn from others, share your experience of youth ministry, and “troubleshoot” with adults who can relate. Asha will share CUC resources and best practices from across Canada.
We will explore the following questions, and more:
- What is the purpose of youth ministry, and are we achieving that purpose?
- How do we foster spiritual development and UU identity building through our youth ministry?
- How can we best balance youth and adult leadership, and ownership over the youth program?
- In this era of smart phones and social media, how do adults maintain safe and appropriate boundaries, and use these tools in helpful ways?
- How and where do adults working with youth get their spiritual needs met?
This retreat is geared toward adults who are currently working with youth in a congregational setting, as volunteers or paid staff.
There will be learning and sharing opportunities for those who are newer to youth ministry, as well as those with a lot of experience.
Contact: Asha Philar – CUC Youth and Young Adult Ministry Staff
firstname.lastname@example.org | 226-820-9311