- This event has passed.
Unicamp Young Adult Retreat – 2017
September 15, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - September 17, 2017 @ 1:00 pm EDT$65
Join UU young adults (18 – 35) for a wonderful weekend of community, conversation and carousing amidst the splendors of the changing leaves. Unicamp provides the perfect setting for a relaxing and rejuvenating retreat with new and old UU friends.
Come for a hike on the trails, swim in the pond (if you can brave the cold), gather a crew for a workshop, take a cave tour, or grow friendships over crafts and games, evening worship and stargazing. Saturday’s programming will be chosen by participants, based on interest. But we will definitely have worship on Friday and Saturday evenings, and a closing circle on Sunday, as well as shared meals, and small and large group activities. With cars coming from everywhere between Montreal and Windsor, we can probably help with a ride too.
- Date and Time: Friday, Sept 15 to Sunday, Sept 17 – 2017. You are welcome to arrive at camp anytime on Friday and leave anytime on Sunday. Friday dinner will be around 7:30, for those that are there. Sunday programming ends around lunchtime.
- Registration fee: Sliding scale from $30 – $80 – includes accommodations and food from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch. (Higher registrations help subsidize the event for those who need it. For reference, the cost per participant is $65).
- Advance registration required, but we will take payment at the event by cash or cheque.
- Location: Unicamp of Ontario is a Unitarian Universalist camp in Honeywood, Ontario – North of Orangeville. A few of its amazing features include: a spring-fed pond, walking trails, great star-gazing, access to the Bruce Trail, caves, outdoor showers, and comfortable cabins and facilities. To read more about Unicamp, please visit their website. To see pictures of this incredibly beautiful place, check out Unicamp’s Instagram.
- Getting there: The GO bus goes to Orangeville from Toronto, and we can arrange to pick you up there. Carpooling is recommended.
- More information: email@example.com or 226-820-9311
RSVP to the Facebook event to get updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/658284741021306/
May 18 @ 7:00 pm - May 20 @ 11:00 pm EDT