The University of British Columbia, Vancouver | Isabel McInnes Ballroom | Gage Towers | 2329 West Mall
Find the complete Conference Program Guide here.
Thursday, May 19th, 7 – 9 pm: Business Plenary: There are no social responsibility resolutions forthcoming to the 2016 AGM, but there is one urgent matter requiring approval. The CUC needs to amend its Statement of Purpose to be in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements. Please see the information and motion here.
In addtion, the CUC Board is planning a discussion on the status of previously approved resolutions, the Vision Task Force recommendations, and the alternative method of calculating the Annual Program Contribution.
Friday, May 20th, 9am – 5pm: 2016 Annual General Meeting
For the first time, on-line participation and voting is available! Congregations wishing to participate on-line are required to sign up for an orientation session before the AGM to find out how the platform works and how to take part. The remaining two sessions are:
- Tuesday, May 3rd at 5:30pm PDT | 6:30pm MDT | 7:30pm CDT | 8:30 EDT | 9:30pm ADT
- Saturday, May 7th at 10:00am PDT | 11:00am MDT | 12:00pm CDT | 1:00pm EDT | 2:00pm ADT (Please note corrected times in red)
Click here to sign up for an orientation session.
2016 Annual General Meeting Information and Documents
Documents for the Annual General Meeting have been mailed to all congregations, and the contents are available here. Delegates will receive hard copies of the AGM package in Vancouver at the delegate registration desk.
- Call to Meeting Package (all documents below included in package)
- Official Call to Meeting
- 2016 Credentialing Figures & Delegate Registration Form – numbers of delegates according to congregational size (register your delegates by May 1st)
- Delegate Registration Form
- 2016 Delegate Certification Form for Official Delegates (bring signed form to the AGM to receive voting cards)
- 2016 Annual Meeting Agenda
- Annual Meeting Rules of Procedure
- Motion to Allow Youth Participation
- Minutes of the 2015 Annual General Meeting
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2016 Nominating Committee Report
- 1) Information on Canada Revenue Agency audit, and Motion on Revised Charitable Purpose; 2) Letter on Motion to Amend Charitable Purpose
- Report of Vision Task Force and Motion to Approve Proposed Vision
- 2015 Audited Financial Statements
- 2015 Actuals, 2016 Budget and 2017 Preliminary Budget
- Motion to Appoint Auditor
- Annual Program Contribution & Calculations Update
Delegates – What You Need to Know
In preparation for the AGM, congregations are encouraged to select their delegates early and to discuss the Annual Meeting documents.
We’ve put together information for congregational leaders and delegates about representation, delegate selection, preparation for the AGM, and roles of delegates prior to and in-between AGMs. Find the Delegate FAQs here.
To assist delegates in communicating with each other and gaining peer orientation, an e-mail group has been established. The intention is that delegates will initiate discussion of issues among themselves or ask questions for response by other delegates or the CUC Board.
Delegates are encouraged to join the list by visiting this link and clicking on the Subscribe to this group link. CUC Liaisons, congregational presidents or others providing orientation to their delegates may also wish to participate. Once you’ve been confirmed as a member, you can post to the group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org