Where: First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto, 175 St Clair Avenue West, Toronto and online via Zoom platform
When: Saturday, 13 May 2017 (6 hrs including 2 breaks)
Atlantic 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm | Eastern 11:30 am – 5:30 pm | Central 10:30 am – 4:30 pm l Mountain 9:30 am – 3:30 pm | Pacific 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Official Call to Meeting – p5
- 2017 Credentialing Figures – p7
- Number of Designated Delegates According to Congregational Size – p9
- Motion to Allow Youth Participation – p10
- 2017 Annual Meeting Agenda – p11
- Annual Meeting Rules of Procedure – p14
- Minutes of 2016 Annual General Meeting – p18
- 2017 Nominating Committee Report – p29
- Motion on CUC Goals and Strategic Priorities – p34
- 2016 Audited Financial Statements – p36
- 2017 Revised Budget & 2018 Proposed Budget – p53
- Motion to Approve Annual Program Contribution Amount for 2018 – p59
- Motion to Appoint Auditor – p61
- Delegate Certification Form for On-site Delegates – p62
The CUC’s 2016 Annual Report is available here.
Instructions for On-Line Delegates – please read ahead of the AGM!
The Canadian Unitarian Council’s 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) marks the first time that delegates from all over the country will participate and vote on-line. At the 2016 AGM, the CUC successfully piloted an online voting system that allowed delegates to participate and vote online, and a similar system will be used at AGM 2017 on May 13th.
The AGM is hosted by the First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto. Delegates can choose to participate online via a web platform, or in-person in Toronto. To be eligible to vote, your congregation needs to:
- Select your delegates early. Information on delegate selection is here.
- Register your duly approved 2017 delegates here by April 1st, 2017. Congregations participating remotely will also need to select a board-approved Credentials Officer who will be responsible for confirming the delegates present on the day of the AGM.
- Be a member in good standing with the CUC: i) the Annual Program Contribution (APC) shall not be in arrears; ii) your congregation has held its Annual General Meeting within the last year; and iii) there is a governance structure in place
On-line Participation and Voting Orientation Sessions have now concluded. Delegates and congregations will receive their instructions and voting sheets prior to the AGM.
Planning for Online Participation
To help you plan ahead, we recommend:
- people meet in clusters, not individually, either at your congregation or homes
- ensuring that there is reliable high-speed internet
- having at least one person in each cluster who is tech-savvy and who will provide tech support
- having at least two computers or laptops with webcams, good speakers and microphones
In-Person Participation and Voting
For delegates who are attending the AGM in Toronto, please ensure that you are registered by your congregation by April 1st, 2017, and that you bring the Delegate Certification Form in order to receive your voting card.
Updates and further AGM documents will be sent to your congregation and the CUC Leaders and Delegates lists. To sign up for the delegates’ email group Visit this link and click on Apply for membership.
DELEGATES – What You Need to Know
2017 Credentialing Figures: Delegate Allocation for Congregations (if there is a * by your congregation’s number, this means that the CUC office hasn’t received your membership numbers for 2016. To rectify this immediately, please fill in this form and email to email@example.com ASAP)