Where: First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto, 175 St Clair Avenue West, Toronto and online via Zoom platform
When: May 13, 2017.
8:30 am – 2:30 pm PDT | 9:30 am – 3:30 pm MDT | 10:30 am – 4:30 pm CDT | 11:30 am – 5:30 pm EDT | 12:30 – 6:30 pm ADT
The Canadian Unitarian Council’s 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) marks the first time that delegates from all over the country will participate and vote on-line. At the 2016 AGM, the CUC successfully piloted an online voting system that allowed delegates to participate and vote online, and a similar system will be used at AGM 2017 on May 13th.
The AGM is hosted by the First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto. Delegates can choose to participate online via a web platform, or in-person in Toronto. To be eligible to vote, your congregation needs to:
- Select your delegates early. Information on delegate selection is here.
- Register your duly approved 2017 delegates here by April 1st, 2017. Congregations participating remotely will also need to select a board-approved Credentials Officer who will be responsible for confirming the delegates present on the day of the AGM.
- Be a member in good standing with the CUC: i) the Annual Program Contribution (APC) shall not be in arrears; ii) your congregation has held its Annual General Meeting within the last year; and iii) there is a governance structure in place
On-line Participation and Voting Orientation Sessions
Online participation will allow delegates to speak and to vote on motions brought to the meeting. Congregations participating online will need to have their delegates and those interested sign up for an orientation session. This is necessary for online participants to become familiar with the system and voting platform. Please sign up for at least one of these sessions:
- Tue, Mar 7/17 at 5:30pm PDT | 6:30pm MDT | 7:30pm CDT | 8:30 EDT | 9:30pm ADT
- Fri, Mar 10/17 at 10:00am PDT | 11:00am MDT | 12:00pm CDT | 1:00pm EDT | 2:00pm ADT
- Thu, Apr 13/17 at 5:30pm PDT | 6:30pm MDT | 7:30pm CDT | 8:30 EDT | 9:30pm ADT
- Sat, Apr 15/17 at 10:00am PDT | 11:00am MDT | 12:00pm CDT | 1:00pm EDT | 2:00pm ADT
- Tue, Apr 18/17 at 5:30pm PDT | 6:30pm MDT | 7:30pm CDT | 8:30 EDT | 9:30pm ADT
Information on how to sign in will be sent to you prior to your registered session.
Delegates should sign up to the CUC Delegates list to stay informed.
Planning for Online Participation
To help you plan ahead, we recommend:
- people meet in clusters, not individually, either at your congregation or homes
- ensuring that there is reliable high-speed internet
- having at least one person in each cluster who is tech-savvy and who will provide tech support
- having at least two computers or laptops with webcams, good speakers and microphones
In-Person Participation and Voting
For delegates who are attending the AGM in Toronto, please ensure that you are registered by your congregation by April 1st, 2017, and that you bring the Delegate Certification Form in order to receive your voting card.
Updates and further AGM documents will be sent to your congregation and the CUC Leaders and Delegates lists. To sign up for the delegates’ email group Visit this link and click on Apply for membership.
DELEGATES – What You Need to Know
2017 Credentialing Figures: Delegate Allocation for Congregations (if there is a * by your congregation’s number, this means that the CUC office hasn’t received your membership numbers for 2016. To rectify this immediately, please fill in this form and email to email@example.com ASAP)